2 Peter 1:5-9 KJV
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
To work and walk in victory starts with the assumption that you’re already victorious and sure you as you are able to cross into 2018, as you were able to shout hallelujah, victory at last.
The main question then is how do I maintain victory through 2018? What must I do? What must I avoid? How do I do them?
Typically this should start with a review of how did I perform in 2017? What did I do well and what did I not do?
To work is the act to manufacture or to build a thing. It could also be exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something.
In physics, work = force x distance = > you must apply some force and there must be some distance moved. If no force is applied it implies no work was done. If no distance is gained even if you apply force, no work has been done. I pray that all the force or energy expended this year 2018 will bring results in Jesus name.
Work could mean to put into effective operation.
Walk means to advance or travel on foot at moderate speed or pace; proceed by steps. It could also mean to conduct oneself in a particular manner.
The process to work and walk in victory can be compared to continuous improvement process at work. Which is improvement of product, services or processes through incremental and breakthrough improvements?
So How Can We Advance (work & walk) in Victory
- We must continue to have fellowship with Jesus through reading his word, praising him and in prayer. Psalm 119:105, Hebrews 4:2, Luke 18:1, 1 Thessalonians 5:18.
- We must trust God. 1 Peter 2:6-8.
A hymn says trust and obeys for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus than to trust and obey.
- We must continue to realise that sin is around the corner and we are no longer slaves to sin. Romans 6:6-13.
- We have to start and continue to walk in the spirit. Galatians 5:16-17, Romans 8:1-2.
- We must continue to have hope. Psalm 71:14, Luke 1:37.
- Start or continue using our gifts and talents for the service of God. There is no one without a gift. Continue also to develop these gifts. 2 Timothy 4:14-16, Ephesians 4:7, Romans 12:3-6.
If one does all these things, victory is definitely certain for such a person. If you have not accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour, you sure cannot be talking about victory.
I pray that today you will accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour and as such begin and continue to work and walk in progress.